Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

This was a great episode for one-liners. There were so many good ones. Especially Rory: "I'm 31, Dad. I don't have a Christmas list." Doctor: "I DO!!!"
And Amy: "I'm easily worth two guys. You can help if you'd like."
I also liked that they included another famous historical figure and had Amy realistically flipping out. The romance thing was very unneeded though. And I'm not sure why she stayed with Lestrade-sorry-Roddin. (I think that was his name)

Little gems:
David Mitchell as the voice of a robot. I thought the robots would be a lot more important but then they became an awkward comic relief. But I love David Mitchell so it was good.
Rory's nursing supplies. It's so cool to see that he picks up useful things as they travel. It also does a lot to remind the viewers that there are adventures not shown and even sometimes when they aren't adventures. I'm sure there are times when Sexy decided they need a break from the running around.
Rory's dad. The writing was brilliant. He was such a dad. My favourite was when he wanted to have a simple sandwich on the edge of the TARDIS looking down at Earth. In that moment he reminded me of Wilfred looking down at Earth in End Of Time. So sweet. There should be more episodes with Grandfathers.
Also in that scene, the look that the Doctor gave Amy just pulled at my heart strings. To me it was a look that said remember when you first ran away with me? Remember when I held you in space? And a look that said I know you will be leaving soon. And that broke my foreshadowing heart.

But to end on a good note, I enjoyed the episode and I cannot wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment